I’ve been stressing for the past couple months. My husband works for a small company that is struggling through the rough economy. In an effort to save money the bean counter (small comp. = 1 bean counter) was considering switching health insurance providers to a provider that 3 of my doctors do not accept. 2 of those doctors are my GI and my surgeon and they are both the best doctors that I have found so far. The company was presented with an offer from a provider that was significantly less expensive and understandably needed to be considered for the benefit of the company. One of the perks of small companies is that the powers that be know you and your situation well. The owner of the company (and even the bean counter) was very concerned about me having to change doctors and asked me to check with my doctors before they had to make their final decision. My husband told them about my doctors but told them not to worry. If the new insurance company would save them that much money they should switch and my doctors would be able to recommend other good doctors for me. So they continued to look into the new insurance and I put off scheduling some of the tests I needed done in case I would have to schedule them with different doctors. All the employees had to fill out a personal and family medical history form. After this was done the insurance provider quoted the company a new price that was much higher than their original quote. (they probably took one look at my medical history and said raise the price) The good news is THEY AREN’T GOING TO SWITCH!!! I can keep all my doctors woo hoo. Now I have to schedule the rest of the wonderful tests on the to do list from my wonderful doctor.
Love, laugh, and always know where the nearest bathroom is